Get involved with Uplift Tacoma!
In an effort to increase visibility and access to all the work that the creative community does to lift spirits particularly during this challenging time, the Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality is launching an initiative we’re calling Uplift Tacoma.
We will be actively compiling and sharing virtual content through web, social media and TV Tacoma. #UpliftTacoma content will be shared through the @TacomaCreates and @TacomaArts handles across social media as well as on TV Tacoma.
As our cultural sector has pivoted during the worldwide pandemic, we would like to amplify your virtual content. Many of you have been sharing terrific content with the community already (thank you) and we are looking to build on that. Participation in this effort will help to fulfill the public benefit required for city contracts and help connect the community with your work.
How to participate:
- Submit performances, virtual tours, how-to’s, educational lessons/workshops, creative quarantine actions and ideas, etc. We are seeking a wide variety of input ranging from very DIY to professionally developed. See submission details below.
- Hashtag #UpliftTacoma in the post, Tag @TacomaCreates and @TacomaArts in the post and we’ll repost on our social channels as we’re able.
- Organizations who have been funded through Tacoma Creates and the Tacoma Arts Commission will automatically be included on our interim website with a link to your organization. We are developing a new website to launch later this year.
- We will provide you with an Uplift Tacoma graphic that we hope you will share with on your website and social channels.
We appreciate your participation in helping us spread the word about the great work you do and give visibility to what an incredible creative community we are and to uplift Tacoma together.
For TV Tacoma Content:
Send a Dropbox link (or other file transfer service) with the content intended to be aired.
Include your contact information, website and social media handles.
Maximum content length: 30 mins.
Content will be reviewed and prepared for TV Tacoma to ensure fidelity with television presentation.
Content will be packaged as part of Uplift Tacoma to support the collective effort and build awareness of the creative sector and tie back to the website.
Please note: not all content may be appropriate for airing on TV Tacoma depending on quality of video and time frames available. We will be considering the mix of content being presented each week and will schedule delivery.
Knowing that arts and culture are the heartbeat of our city and that creativity is the engine behind Tacoma’s constant innovation, Uplift Tacoma seeks to engage community in ways that matter, and that celebrate Tacoma’s creative greatness and empower Tacoma residents to express themselves in the face of adversity.
Uplift Tacoma is a multimedia platform designed to provide Tacoma residents a means of connection, inspiration and support in an unprecedented time of physical distancing.
Uplift will utilize distribution through social media, TV Tacoma and a centralized website to improve the community’s ability to access and share music, visual arts, performances, and innovations that emerge to support our community.
In addition, Uplift seeks to elevate and celebrate the efforts of all our residents who are engaged in creative and inspirational practices, family fun, and creative quarantine practices that support and solidify Tacoma as the supportive and collaborative community we are.
The goals of Uplift Tacoma:
- Provide a broad platform for presentation and delivery of creative content that benefits the community.
- Increase the reach and connection of cultural organizations and artists through social media, web and TV Tacoma.
- Provide community with a rich array of content to educate, inspire, inform, support and heal.
Thank you in advance!