COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
Below is a compilation of some of the local, state, and national resources and funding options for the creative community.
- Make It Tacoma – offering resources for small businesses. Also offers the COVID-19 Stabilization Loan Program (pre-application deadline April 7, 2020), which provides micro-loans to existing small businesses located in Tacoma.
- Greater Tacoma Community Foundation – Pierce County Connected fund supports organizations providing services to address urgent needs and the disruption of basic human services to Pierce County’s most vulnerable populations due to COVID-19.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce – offering a list of resources for local businesses.
- Artist Trust – list of response and recovery resources for artists in Washington State. Also offers the COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund, which provides rapid response grants supporting critical needs of individual artists whose livelihoods have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Whipsmart – list of COVID-19 resources and financial support options for the creative community.
- ArtsFund – of response and recovery resources for arts organizations in Washington State.
- Artist Relief Fund – a $10 million national emergency relief fund for artists and creative workers that provides $5,000 no-strings-attached grants.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) – provides loans for small businesses, non-profits, self-employed/freelance/independent contractors with possible loan forgiveness. With $2.3 trillion of funds, there are several sections of the legislation that can directly and indirectly support artists, arts organizations, and small businesses in the creative economy. Click here for a spreadsheet outlining various pieces of the CARES act and how they apply to different areas of the cultural sector (non-profits, businesses, individuals, etc.)
- Paycheck Protection Program – part of the CARES Act, this program provides loans, with possible loan forgiveness, to help small businesses and non-profits keep their workers on the payroll.
- Emergency Injury Disaster Loan – part of the CARES Act, this program provides business loans at low interest rates to cover debt and operating costs to keep your business running.
- COVID-19 & Freelance Artists – an aggregated list of free resources, opportunities, and financial relief options available to artists of all disciplines.
- Americans for the Arts – creating a growing list of national response and recovery resources.